Immortal Sojourns is an interactive role-play forum in which members can participate in various discussions and activities with the characters of popular vampire literature. These include but are not limited to Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles & Mayfair Witches; Charlaine Harris' True Blood series, Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter series, L.J. Smith's Vampire Diaries, Chelsea Quinn Yarbro's St. Germain Cycle and Bram Stoker's Dracula.
Before posting your introduction, please take the time to read our guidelines. By entering our virtual home it will be assumed that you understand and accept our code of conduct and will be held accountable for them. Our guidelines cover all aspects of interaction within our site (forums, IM conversations, e-mail, etc). We hold the right to change these guidelines at any time.
- Please do not register under the name of any character associated with the above listed series. The only characters acknowledged at Immortal Sojourns are staff members. If you register under an inappropriate name, your account will be deleted and you will have to re-register. Additionally, please do not register under an original character name of your own without prior invitation. Staff are sanctioned by administrator invitation only, and any attempts to play an unsanctioned character will not be tolerated.
- Immortal Sojourns by nature deals with an adult theme and we are not child-friendly. You must be 16 years or older to join our boards and are assumed to have parental consent. There are NO exceptions to this rule. We are not babysitters and encourage parents to know where their children spend their time on the internet so as not to expose them to things they may find inappropriate. Those who lie about their age will be promptly banned.
- We are a role-play forum. We claim nothing and we expect you to believe in nothing. Take this for what it is and refrain from asking questions that ask us if we are real, if we would be willing to make you one of us or if we will contact you. The answer is and always will be, NO.
- Respect. That is the key to all things at Immortal Sojourns.
- Lively debate is not only expected but encouraged. We thrive on the exchange of ideas. We do not allow any language that is threatening, abusive or denigrating to race, color, sexual preference or religious preferences. Discussions that quickly turn into personal fights will be deleted.
- Limit your use of profanity. Excessive use will be handled by a polite PM. Repeat offenders may not be handled so kindly.
- Any images or posts containing excessive nudity or content that we deem to be too explicit will be removed. We reserve the right to judge this at our discretion, based on our expectations for the forum as a whole.
- It is our pleasure to talk to you. Please do not take our friendly nature as a sign of a romantic interest. We have none to give. We only offer you discussion, friendship and community. In the same vein, please respect the immortals' personal space. Some do not like to be kissed, hugged or otherwise touched. It is only polite that you keep your hands to yourself unless you are told to do differently.
- Personal conflicts and past grievances are to be taken off forum. Problems with someone, immortal or mortal, must be dealt with via PM or e-mail. We do not tolerate harassment of any kind here.
- Any threats regarding yourself, staff, or other members, made on forum or in PMs, will result in an automatic banning from the forum. In addition, your personal information (including your IP) will be turned over to the proper authorities.
Let us remember that we are a discussion forum made to entertain and not professionally trained counsellors who are capable of dealing with severely depressed and suicidal personalities.
Other Boards, Links, Etc.
- While we affiliate with other forums with the same theme, Immortal Sojourns is an independent site. Please do not bring issues from other forums and do not ask questions pertaining to other forums or the actors found therein here.
- Do not put in links on the forum to any other vampire-related role-play forums, please. (This includes contacting members via PM or harvesting e-mails through the forum). Links to forums and sites concerning other topics are fine, as long as the content is not pornographic or promoting an illegal activity.
- If you own your own vampire themed site and would like us to consider you for affiliation, please e-mail an administrator.
The characters of Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles & Mayfair Witches; Charlaine Harris' True Blood series, Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter series, L.J. Smith's Vampire Diaries, Chelsea Quinn Yarbro's St. Germain Cycle and Bram Stoker's Dracula are the sole copyright of their authors and any affiliated publishing houses. This is a non-profit site made for entertainment purposes only.
Some of the opinions expressed on this forum are of the individual member alone and do not necessarily reflect those of Immortal Sojourns.